Friday, March 16, 2012

TRIUMPH AT TRIAGE

Note: HIPPA compliant. No real names, no specified locations, no date.

While I was working at triage in an unspecified location on an unspecified date, a patient presented with an unspecified complaint. The patient could be described as a snaggle-toothed redneck but that would sound judgemental so I will resist being that specific in my description.

The patient noticed a doctor in the hallway. The doctor happened to be African-American. (He was an excellent physician.)

The patient stated he didn't want no n..... taking care of him.

No problem, I assured him. Assessment completed, I placed the patient in the treatment area and hand-carried his chart to the other physician on duty.

That physician (also an excellent physician) always wore his Sikh turban. Today was no exception.


No comments:

Post a Comment